Social Work Job Vacancies in Oldham
Oldham is one of the country’s best-kept secrets. Nestled between the vibrant city of Manchester and the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, this Lancashire town is home to a wonderful array of art, culture, history and nature. Its lush meadows, picturesque canals and countryside centres offer breathtaking views, as well as plenty of fun outdoor activities for all the family.
Meanwhile, Oldham’s town centre boasts the award-winning Gallery Oldham, which houses artwork and objects dating back to 1883; the Oldham Coliseum Theatre, which offers a mix of drama, comedy, musicals and pantomime; as well as a shopping mall and a traditional market. Located just 6.9 miles away from central Manchester, Oldham is easy to reach via car, bus and the Metrolink.
With no shortage of fantastic opportunities available, here’s why we think Oldham Council is a great place to be a social worker.
All About Oldham Council
Oldham Council is the local authority of the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham in Greater Manchester. It comprises 60 councillors, three for each of the 20 electoral wards of the borough. These wards include Alexandra, Crompton and Hollinwood, as well as Medlock Vale, Shaw and Waterhead. Offering their constituents a whole host of excellent services, Oldham Council’s main aims are to attract investment and employment to the area, to deliver key regeneration projects, and to build a productive and cooperative place with healthy, aspirational and sustainable communities.
Oldham Council’s main Social Services include:
- Child Protection: Where members of the public can report children who they believe are suffering from harm, abuse or neglect, and ensure that at-risk children are getting the support they desperately need. The Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) ensures all agencies work together effectively to safeguard the welfare of children and young people in Oldham.
- Adoption: Where potential adopters can enquire about adoption, find out if they meet the criteria for becoming adopters, and receive a wide range of professional support services for families who choose to adopt. Oldham Council’s adoption service is part of Adoption Now, a regional adoption agency made up of five other North West councils, including Bolton, Bury, Blackburn with Darwen, Tameside and Rochdale.
- Fostering: Where potential foster parents can learn more about the children who need foster care, the requirements needed to become a foster parent, the different types of fostering, and the support and allowances the council provides to foster parents.
Other key services Oldham Council offers to include:
- Additional Needs & Disabilities
- Emotional Health & Mental Wellbeing
- Supported Housing
- Early Education
Types of Social Work Available at Oldham Council
Oldham Council can provide social workers with a superb selection of jobs and environments to work within.
Some of our current roles include:
- QSW Level 3 — Multi-Agency Safeguarding — Working with Children & Families
- QSW Level 3 — Child Protection Team — Working with Children & Families
- QSW Level 3 — Duty and Assessment Team — Working with Children & Families
For our full range of Oldham-based roles, please click here.
Why Oldham Council Is a Great Place to Be a Social Worker
- Oldham Council is a co-operative council that encourages everybody to work together so that everybody can benefit. Through various schemes, services and community-focused initiatives, they’re committed to developing a co-operative future where citizens, partners and staff all play an active part to improve the borough.
- They have their own Fair Employment Charter, meaning all of their employees are guaranteed a living wage, a fair contract and stability of employment, as well as access to training and union membership.
- They truly care about and support their social workers, providing them with the information, resources and guidance to help them do their job. They know how big a role social workers play in improving the health, wealth and wellbeing of the people of Oldham, and therefore always want to show their gratitude in any way they can.
Our Relationship With Oldham Council
Because we’re committed to guiding and supporting all of our fantastic social workers, we work closely with Oldham Council to ensure we’re connecting our candidates with the most suitable roles. We keep close tabs on their latest vacancies, and if the right job comes up, we’ll send across the relevant CV(s). Oldham Council will then look through the CVs and if they’re interested in any of our candidates, we’ll help set up an interview.
After the interview, we’ll get feedback from Oldham Council quickly and use this information to let you know where you impressed and where you can improve. Should you be successful, we’ll arrange a start date and help you feel fully prepared for your new job.
Our support doesn’t just end when you get the job, though. From our onsite visits and regular catch-ups to out-of-hours calls, we’re always here to guide you. We believe the social workers we help deserve the same level of support and care that they provide to others.
‘’Fantastic agency. Brilliant consultants who make regular contact. Highly recommend the service.’’ – Dina
To learn more about Oldham Council and how we can help you find your ideal job, please give us a call today on 0161 327 0936. We’re more than happy to help.