Social Work Job Vacancies in Rochdale
Whether you’re a shopaholic, a history fan or find comfort in nature and the arts, then we know you’ll find your haven in Rochdale. The picturesque Spodden Valley is full of wildlife, industrial heritage and plenty of spectacular views, great for avid walkers. Hollingworth Lake Country Park also promises a great time, as do theatres including the Gracie Fields Theatre, The Curtain Theatre and Middleton Arena. From pop, jazz and rock through to comedy, drama and dance, there is a wide range of shows to revel in, to live your life to the fullest. And whenever you fancy a spending spree, just head over to the town centre for 2 fantastic shopping centres, a well as the unique market stalls. Along with the water-based and climbing activities found at the Hollingworth Lake Activity Centre, there’s no reason not to love living in Rochdale, or work there either.
All About Rochdale Borough Council
Rochdale Borough Council is the local authority for the Metropolitan Borough of Rochdale in Greater Manchester. It comprises 60 councillors, 3 for each of the 20 wards in Rochdale. These wards include Bamford, Central Rochdale, East Middleton and Healey, as well as Norden, Littleborough Lakeside, West Heywood, Milnrow and Newhey and Smallbride and Firgrove. As well as providing a variety of great services to its constituents, their main aim is to be ‘’a council which builds success and prosperity with our citizens and partners, whilst protecting our vulnerable people.’’
Rochdale Borough Council’s Key Social Services Include:
- Fostering: This is where future foster parents can learn how to become a foster carer, all about foster carer allowances and what’s involved with being a foster parent.
- Adoption: Through the ‘Adoption Now’ initiative, future adopters can learn about the children who need to be urgently adopted, the processes involved and how they can make a difference in these children’s’ lives.
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs: Where teachers and parents who are concerned about their children can get help from the Early Help and Schools Inclusion Team, as well as the Educational Psychology Service.
Other important services Rochdale Borough Council offers includes:
Types Of Social Work Roles Available At Rochdale Borough Council
Rochdale Borough Council offers social workers a fantastic range of roles from which to choose from, including those working as part of a cared for children team, community mental health team (CMHT) and emergency duty team (EDT), as well as their duty and assessment team and child protection team.
Our current roles in Rochdale include:
- Advanced Practitioner – Working With Children & Families.
- QSW Level 3 – Cared for Children Team – Working With Children & Families.
- QSW Level 3 – Community Mental Health Team – Working With Adults.
- AMHP – Emergency Duty Team – Working With Children & Families.
Why Rochdale Borough Council Is A Great Place To Work
- They are leading the way in social work with their innovative ACT (Achieving Change Together) programme, which includes support for those at risk of, or victims of child sexual exploitation.
- In 2018, they won the national MJ Achievement Award for Digital Transformation, reflecting the way in which they deliver services online, greatly benefiting their constituents and staff members.
- They put all staff members on their ‘Employee Assistance Programme’ – a team benefit there to help you deal with any personal or professional problems which could be having an effect on your well-being.
Our Relationship With Rochdale Borough Council
Rochdale Borough Council and Portman Recruitment work closely together to find strong and suitable candidates for the roles they have to fill. Whenever they are looking for new social workers, they will send us across available roles and based on the job specs, we’ll send across CVs that we feel best meet their needs. Should a CV stand out, we’ll let our lucky candidate know, and an interview will be set up with Rochdale Borough Council. We’ll help with interview prep and technique, and ensure the candidate feels ready to show off their skills. We’ll follow up with post-interview feedback, and should the candidate be successful, we’ll arrange a start date and provide them with a beneficial welcome pack. This includes details of their dedicated consultant, who will always be there to help should they need us.
‘’Can’t say enough positive things about Portman Recruitment! Well looked after, listened to and supported. Go above and beyond to find the right role for you.’’ – Phil
Rochdale Borough Council sounds pretty fantastic, doesn’t it? If you’d like to learn more about them and the range of social work roles available in Rochdale, then please give us a call today on 0161 327 0936.