Social Work & Social Care Jobs in Glasgow
Glaswegians (or ‘weegies’ as they’re referred to locally) are known for being a friendly bunch. If you are in the process of moving to, or are already located in this fantastic Scottish city, there is plenty to enjoy.
- Glasgow was founded in the 6th Century and quickly asserted itself as an important trading port.
- The stunning cloisters at the University of Glasgow were built in 1860 and designed by architect George Gilbert Scott. They feature regularly on films and are not to be missed.
- The Chicken Tikka Masala was invented in Glasgow. Or so the story goes…
- The most romantic city in the world? The bones of St Valentine himself reside in Glasgow’s Church of Blessed St John Duns Scotus giving the Scots a good case for it. Watch out Paris.
- The trendy Finnieston area was declared by the Times as the hippest place in Britain.
Employment – Glasgow City Council
The local government authority for Glasgow is Glasgow City Council. You may be interested to view the catchment area facility, if moving to the area. Districts include Govanhill, Pollokshiels, Partick, Hillhead, Govan, Gorbals, Shawlands and Langside with a population of 57,952 (at the time of writing).
For Social Care and Health in the area, the council provide a range of services.
Key Social Services in Glasgow are as follows:
- Children’s Services: Where members of the public can report neglect or abuse, children can gain access to health and education facilities and older children can attend youth centres.
- Fostering: Where potential foster parents can learn more about children who need foster care, understand the help and support the council and its social workers can provide (which includes home visits and training), and find out about pay and allowances.
Other important services Glasgow City Council includes:
Social Care Employment Opportunities in Glasgow
Glasgow City Council offer a fantastic array of social work and social care based roles, which includes working as part of child disability, LAC and fostering teams.
Some of our current roles include:
- Team Manager – Integrated Neighbourhood Team – Working With Adults.
- Service Lead – Transition Team – Working With Children & Families.
- QSW – Duty and Assessment Team – Working With Children & Families.
- QSW Level 2 – Fostering Team – Working With Children & Families
- QSW Level 3 – Acute Medical Unit Team – Working With Teams.
- QSW Level 3 – Children With Disabilities (CWD) Team – Working With Children & Families.
For our full range of Glasgow-based roles, get in touch.
Glasgow is a great place to be a Social Worker & Social Carer
- They have roles for all, including those who want to work with children, with families, with the elderly and those suffering from mental health issues.
- They have a real community spirit that treats their social workers with care and respect and places trust in the recommendations and decisions made by their social workers.
- They regulate their social workers to ensure that they are providing their clients with the help and support they need, protecting them from harm and always putting their needs above their own.
Our Relationship With Glasgow City Council
Authorities, like Glasgow City Council, are usually governed by a vendor system. They manage all the jobs that come from the authorities and send them out to agencies, like Portman, who are registered with them. These jobs then get filtered to us and, based on their requirements, we put forward CVs through the same system. If the candidate is successful the vendor will request an interview through the system and we then put it to the social worker.
We’ll then aid our social workers with interview practice and technique, and call them on the day to ensure they feel ready for it. Following on from the interview, we’ll gain feedback from the authority and if successful, we’ll arrange a start date.
Our support doesn’t end there, however. All of our social workers benefit from a dedicated consultant who regularly checks in with them to ensure job satisfaction and general happiness.
‘’The staff at Portman do their best for their workers. Reliable and trustworthy – excellent compliance – they don’t rush you into jobs that aren’t suitable just to make a buck like some other recruitment companies, but really take their time to get to know you and your skills and match you with good employers. Highly recommend.’’ – Petula
If you’re looking for your next big break in social work, give us a call today on 0161 327 0936 to learn more about us and the jobs that we have available.